Put your nonfiction business book on the high pedestal it deserves
Special. Fun, interesting, informative interview with Barbara and Orgena Rose. Click on this link: http://youtu.be/q7_1RLTJ2Zs
Your sense of professional quality requires having your nonfiction manuscript edited by a professional business book editor. When you do, you’ll be rewarded with—
- a strong reputation as an expert and authority
- an outstanding book that attracts fresh opportunities and commands higher fees
- a cornerstone product that presents your ideas with power, persuasion, and pizzazz
As the founder of Barbara McNichol Editorial, I am passionately committed to helping authors achieve accuracy and artistry, clarity and creativity in their writing. I love making it possible for you to put your book on the high pedestal it deserves.
Since graduating with a bachelor’s degree in honors journalism, I’ve gained a variety of experience in companies large and small. To further develop my expertise, I earned a master’s degree in mass communication from the University of Denver.
What is my “sweet spot” for editing?
As a dedicated editor for three decades, I specialize in editing nonfiction books in business, self-help, health care, how-to, memoir, spirituality, and more. In addition, I work with you to perfect your articles, blog posts, book proposals, speaker one-sheets, and marketing materials of all kinds.
Want to be among other experts enjoying the credibility of authorship?
Since 1994, I have professionally edited life-changing books by an array of amazing experts, placing 380+ books on my editor’s trophy shelf. Please refer to my Portfolio page for edited books by category. By request, I’m happy to put you in touch with any of the authors as references who know my work.
Many authors I work with are members of Global Speakers Federation including National Speakers Association (NSA), Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS), Asia Professional Speakers (APSS), Professional Speakers Association of South Africa (PSASA).
Eager to learn how to write more clearly and concisely?
To help you STRENGTHEN everything you write, I provide writing skills Wordshops™ to fine-tune your business writing skills.
With this effort comes my word choice guide Word Trippers: The Ultimate Source for Choosing the Perfect Word When It Really Matters
- Active in the Colorado and Arizona chapters of NSA since 1996
- Newsletter editor for Speak Out and NewsFlash
- Chapter Member of the Year for 2005-6 and 2014-15 NSA-Arizona
- Presenter, Moderator, Panel Member – Tucson Festival of Books (2012, 2014, 2018)
- Presenter “How to Strengthen Everything You Write” – NSA Convention (2013, 2016)
- Presenter “How to Strengthen Everything You Write” – CAPS Convention (2015)
- Meet the Experts – NSA and CAPS Conventions (2008, 2010, 2012)
- Co-presenter “Tell Your Story Powerfully on the Stage and on the Page” (2011, 2012)
- Member of Editorial Advisory Team for NSA SPEAKER magazine
- Chair of Writers/Publishers Professional Emphasis Group – NSA (2010-2011)
- Workshop Creator/Facilitator, Avante Leadership Group
How can I best serve you?
Let’s talk! Contact me at 520-615-7910 to set up a time.